Featured

2023 Amana 3.8 top load washer doesn’t clean clothes
Explore video interviews
Advertisements
Updated by user Nov 01, 2023

ASKED COMPANY TWICE IN TWO DIFFERENT PLACES FOR A REFUND. THEY REFUSED AND CHOSE NOT TO DISCUSS IT!

Original review Nov 01, 2023
Bought an Amana washer a couple of weeks ago and have had nothing but problems, and they have refused to refund me, and does a poor job washing the clothes, even after washing them twice on full cycles, my clothes still smell. My clothes barely even get dirty!
At first I was having a lot of vibration when using the washer and I tried several different things to fix it.

I figured out that it was one of the feet that was shorter than the other 3 so I adjusted it and now the vibration is at an acceptable level.
The drum will go out of balance if you only have one piece of clothing. It is very sensitive about going out of balance. Its horrible.
The start button feels very cheap like it is from a childrens toy. The lid of the washer bends to one side when you load clothes in the washer.

Also horrible!
I communicated with Amana via email and Facebook messenger about these problems and they refused to refund me in both places, and just sent me troubleshooting and service information.

I stated to them that I want a refund. Cant return to Lowes where I bought it because they have a ridiculous 48 hour return policy for appliances!
Cons:
  • Email from customer service

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Do not buy an Amana washer!

map-marker Portage, Michigan

Worthlessness Customer service

Terrible experience!! I ordered a Washer and Dryer only to find out that it was not available for delivery for at least two weeks. I canceled the order because I needed it sooner. The cancellation process has not been processed; it's been almost a month and customer service is the automated system.

User's recommendation: DO NOT ORDER anything from Amana. Orders are not updated on their website, yet the automated system redirect you to the website

Patricia B Gqy

Verified Buyer

Defective HVAC system

Amana - Defective HVAC system
I have a new AMANA heating system that was 6 days out of service warranty which cost me a good deal of money to repair. This should be paid by AMANA I paid over $6000 for this system on 12/29/22 I have made so many calls & AMANA fails to do anything or respond to my request that they pay for my serviceman, since Ultimate Plumbing refused to come out without a credit card First at a fee of $250 plus an additional fee after diagnosis.
Loss:
Pros:
  • I thought price was resonable but that a delusion
Cons:
  • Unreliable heating system
  • Unit doesnt last

User's recommendation: DO NOT PURCHASE THIS SUBSTANDARD UNIT

Joyce R Mun

Bad machine

Amana - Bad machine
Amana - Bad machine - Image 2
Amana - Bad machine - Image 3
The washing machine made a big hole on the side of my wall also now the drum came apart. I made a claim through the machine warranty department and Pauls Appliance did come out and looked at looked at it and they ordered the part for it and it did come in and I tried calling Pauls appliance to let them know that the part is in left message and called numbers of times no response from the company. If I could get my money back I would. I have never had a problem like this before. Sucks

Raymond R Fbc

Verified Reviewer

Hot garbage you lied about being quality

First the water inlets went 2 times and then the main board and then the door lock switch. Seriously garbage days after my warranty ran out and your customer service individuals are useless for helping with anything
Loss:
Pros:
  • Cheap price tag
Cons:
  • Over expensive replacements just buy other
  • Cheaply made parts

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Do not buy Amana appliances

Dawana Quu

| map-marker Antioch, California

Washer

I have model NTW4516FW5 washerI want to pour disinfectant in clear water for 16 min How can I do it?
Cynthia N Ldp

New broken refridgerator still not reoaired or rrplaced after 5 months ,

Door seals ill fitting since delivery causing doors to pop open independently cause thousands of dollars in lost/ spoiked food. Poor response by amana, 2 months for service follow up, again with ill fitting replacenent part and no further contact or replacement after 5 months with broken doors. Product reliability and custoner support extremely poor.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Poor product reliability and very poor customer service

Preferred solution: Full refund or replacement with new working refridgerator

User's recommendation: Do not purchase amana/ westinghouse products

map-marker Bristol, Tennessee

They called today with still no resolve

they want me to pay for the repair then they will reimburse me because they cannot finad a certified mechanic uh no not happening. and if someone works on it that is not certified that voids my warranty!
map-marker Boone, North Carolina

Lid lock sensor on washer lid is broken

I had to navigate a maze to find the customer service individual who quickly determined my problem and walk through the solution. Very helpful!

User's recommendation: Call customer services

Resolved
Patrick C Lis

| map-marker Casablanca, Casablanca

Resolved: Question

my send is : "envoi expedié CND Postal." since 17/10/223 my number is CP99983****MA what does it mean? how long do you think
Linda I Nlj

Ongoing service problems

Purchased dryer less than 1 yr ago. Heating element bad. Have been trying to get it repaired from August through October--still not repaired. Service people either don't show up, cancel or when they do show up, they "repair" it with used parts! They put someone else's problem in my brand new machine and expect it to work. Still not fixed. Each time I call I have to wait weeks for appt., meantime I don't have a properly functioning dryer.
Pros:
  • Affordable price
Cons:
  • Still not
  • Service sucks
  • Use used parts to fix my dryer

Preferred solution: dryer fixed with new parts without further delay or multiple trips

User's recommendation: Never buy Amana--didn't work properly from the start; service sucks.

Sarah W Gvc

Verified Buyer

Total garbage! Main board on oven went up within 10 months of purchase.

Amana - Total garbage! Main board on oven went up within 10 months of purchase.
Amana - Total garbage! Main board on oven went up within 10 months of purchase. - Image 2

Promised fix within 5 days of first visit. Instead, they ordered their "PART IN STOCK" from their warehouse snail mail and then it was another 3 days plus the weekend for a total of 2 weeks after the initial issue.

I will never again buy another Whirlpool/Amana oven! It is rated 1.6 out of 10 and most consumers are mostly unsatisfied. Via Appliance has not set good expectations for the repair and since they already "ordered the part" Whirlpool says I can't even fire them since they already ordered the part. No response by text message.

I hate this company with a passion!! ABSOLUTE GARBAGE!! I wasn't even using the oven when it failed (between tenants). I paid for the 3 year warranty but I can't use it because the manufaturer warranty applies for the first year which means service is TERRIBLE!!!

Wait literally all day for the tech to even get there.

NO HELP IN ETA! It is worse than the cable company!

Cons:
  • Main board to oven broke giving zero electric to oven 10 mo old

Preferred solution: The oven fixed timely!

User's recommendation: ABSOLUTE GARBAGE! BUY SOMETHING ELSE!!! OR REGRET IT!!!

map-marker Jasper, Texas

Gas range is not working properly

I am requesting a service technician come to my residence as soon as possible. I almost got caught on fire about two weeks ago. The fire flames are very high and it will not turn down properly. I also want them to check my microwave and dishwasher. Please call me as soon as possible to make sure all appliances are registered. My phone number is 409224****. If I do not answer the phone, please leave a voice mail message.
map-marker Lehigh Acres, Florida

Horrible repair service and customer servicr

I have had the technician out to my house 4 times and it's still doing the exact same thing now. My refrigerator just died last night and it's brand new. It is April 29th and it's been already a week and a 1/2 since they've been here and now they're saying that they can't come out. Till the ninth of may How is this good customer service.

User's recommendation: Don't buy amana

Jim K Rcw

| map-marker Lenox, Iowa

Bought 3 different washers, all 3 did not work (returned 2 -kept the 3rd

After the 3rd would not work, I took it back to where I bought it at MVB appliance in Leesburg Fl. They got it running and gave it back to me.

After just 2 dozen washes it revert back to refusing to spin the clothes to dry them. I took it back to MVB and paid $50.00 to find out what happened. It worked good for them the first time but I requested that they keep running it till it broke! They called me back 2 weeks later & said it had a part that will cost $180.00 to fix it correctly.

It now sits out on my carport and the only value left in it is for the metal in the washer!

The only thing it is good for, is if some lawyer is looking for a product liability case. Jim Knueven

Loss:
Cons:
  • Lack of quality control

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: avoid the top load washer NTW4516F untill they figure this out

Jeryl T

| map-marker Hackettstown, New Jersey

Amana Service Plan

Original review Aug 30, 2022

Two-fold comments

First off, this is my second washer as the first one was serviced 4+ times for the same problem. I did get a new (free) washer but it still has the same problem.

I've solved this by unplugging the washer but I will never, ever purchase a Whirlpool/Amana product again.

My comment/question is the service plan solicitations they send via mail and email.

The prices vary from the reasonable to ridiculous for the same service. Remember, this is in within the 1 year (free) warranty. A three year plan is high at $267.07 to a low of $123.58 for the same plan. When I asked why for the changes, I was told it depending on the age of the machine and a computer generates the pricing.

I asked for the lowest pricing (even though the invitation expired.

Told they can't help so I've been on hold with Customer for a 1/2 hour now. I think I'll send in the form with the lowest amount and see what happens.

Cons:
  • Machine itself

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Don't purchase Model # NTW4516FW3. There is a known problem with the computer board but was told by the service person that Amana won't fix the known issue until X number of consumers have the same issues.

map-marker Moses Lake, Washington

Out of warranty and lousy I mean Very LOUSY service.

I called the early part of July 2022 to get a service I told the person my model and serial number for my Amana Microwave and what the problem was the the light remained on and that I could not turn it off and on with the switch.

I also told them that my Whirlpool range gave them model and serial number that trying to set the time selected the cleaning mode and I could not change it.

Today Sept. 26, 2022 A technician came with no tools or parts for repairing my units.

He showed me that my order sheet did not show any of this and then charged me $227.10 just for coming to my house and writing down the serial and model numbers of both machines. I purchased these from Laudox's in Omak WA and went to them as told by your service people.

No More Whirlpool or Amana for me. They suck.

User's recommendation: Do NOT buy Amana and Whirlpool and expect quality and service.

About