I purchased an Amana refrigerator(bottom freezer style) four years ago.It has broken down three times already!

Each time it is an electronic problem. The last two times it was the jazz control which resulted in my freezer icing over and the frig to stop cooling. After spending over $700 on these three repairs I wrote to the CEO of Amana asking for a new frig, as it is clearly a lemon, or reimbursement for my last repair. I finally got a call from one his minions, a young girl who didn't know what to say other than "we can't help you." I don't know why they even bothered to call.

Jeff Fettig, CEO, didn't even have the courage to call me himself. What a creep. He's making millions and I'm taking food away from my children's mouth.

Shame on him and shame on Amana.I will never go near an Amana product and encourage others to do the same.

Had an Experience with Amana?

Comments

I also have the same problem Amana sucks.First time just after 3years freezer froze everything rock hard and frig section it was very warm.they did sent me a replacement of the control board after my lengthy phone call.

now its 1 1/2 years later same issue. frige now 5 yrs. they wont help. they say they have no complaint or issues like this ever.

now I am spendind almost $200 to get it fixed. it shouldn't be dying.in 15 years maybe, not 3 to 5. Not done co,mplaining to them yet. going to write to the betteer business also.

$1000.00 is a big deal to me and no I feel I have wasted that.

do your homework>RESEARCH.DO NOT BUY AMANA EVER!!!!!

My Amana bottom freezer started as soon as the warranty was up.Had to replace the ice maker, then a year later the computer board went out.

It's the most expensive appliance I've ever had, and the most disappointing.It's working now, so I'm grateful for that.

I tried to contact Kyle (see post above) who said he might be able to help me. Only problem is that his email is invalid. Nice one.

WP2008

Hi my name is Kyle and I am a representative of Amana.I am sorry to learn of the issue you are having with your Maytag appliance.

If there is anything that I can do please reach out to me via Facebook (Amana) or Twitter (AmanaCare).Or contact us directly via e-mail NAR_Customer_Solutions@Whirlpool.com.