1.7
Ease of Use
Style and Design

I got my Amana washing machine, model #NTW465OYQ, Serial #C34022363, at Morehouse Appliance in New Hartford, N.Y.in December 16, 2013.

It is a new machine with locking features that I am not happy about but knew nothing about them when I was asked, nor was I asked if I would like the old style machine. I would have rather bought the type I was used to. I found light brown marks on them in the form of dots, long lines, blotches and combinations on my cotton and cotton mix light colored clothing where it shows very strongly. I am very fed up with this as I have never had a problem with any of the old washers and this new lock in washer does a number on my clothes.

I have called Morehouse Appliance from the start. Twice they came and found nothing but still I have been getting marks on them even today as I hang them up on the clothes line and found more. This is very upsetting. Morehouse will not take this machine back or allow me another one.

I feel I have been taken advantage of as I am a senior.

This reviewer shared experience about "washing machine damages my clothes." and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $200. The author is overall dissatisfied with Amana. The most disappointing about amana ntw4650yq washing machine from Amana was way it washes Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Amana.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Appliances and Electronics category for more informed decision or compare Amana to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Amana?

Comments

WP2008

We are sorry for the inconvenience.We understand your clothing has a residue on when they are being taken out of the washer.

This residue is lint. Laundry detergent has properties that attract lint and it looks like undissolved detergent. In almost all cases, the issue is lint build up in the washer. While we love our natural fibers (cotton, linen, wool, etc.,) these can leave extra lint in the washer that is not broken down in the filter before it is broken down enough to go through the drain.

There are a couple of things that can be done to reduce or eliminate this issue. After washing a load of lint-giving items, wipe the tub out to get rid of extra lint that is in the tub. As the tubs are pretty big, you can also run a rinse and spin to help remove it as well.

In most cases, the clothing can be put back in and run the rinse to remove the lint.We hope these suggestions are helpful.